Financial Need Emergency Bursaries - Career Programs (343)
The Financial Need Bursary Program aims to support learners who are experiencing short term financial struggles, leading to early withdrawals, and have exhausted all financial resources available. These emergency situations should be unforeseen and not pre-existing. Awards from this fund may be disbursed in the form of cheque, food voucher, transit pass or academic support, depending on the financial and/or academic need of the applicant. Awards are granted at the discretion of the Awards Team, and learners may be provided with community resource information instead if applicable.
- Registered in a credit-based program at Bow Valley College
- In satisfactory academic standing
- Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant, Refugee
- Resident of Alberta
- Demonstrated financial need and supporting documents
- Bursary values will be determined by the Student Awards team, and based on a financial needs assessment including review of supporting documents.
- Financial Need Bursaries can only be granted once in a 12 month period
- Once your application has been submitted please allow for 1-2 weeks assessment time ***Please be patient as we have an increased demand for assistance currently***
- Financial Supporting Documents include: bank statements (most recent 3 months), utilities receipts, rent receipts, any documentation related to the emergency situation (i.e. quotes, bills, etc.)
- ***Applications to the Financial Need Emergency Bursary will be automatically assessed for the COVID Financial Need Emergency Bursary as well***