Financial Need Emergency Bursaries (343)
The Financial Need Bursary Program aims to support learners who are experiencing short term financial struggles, leading to early withdrawals, and have exhausted all financial resources available. These emergency situations should be unforeseen and not pre-existing. Awards from this fund may be disbursed in the form of cheque, food voucher, transit pass or academic support, depending on the financial and/or academic need of the applicant. Awards are granted at the discretion of the Awards Team, and learners may be provided with community resource information instead if applicable.
- Registered in a credit-based program at Bow Valley College
- In satisfactory academic standing
- Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant, Refugee
- Resident of Alberta
- Demonstrated financial need and supporting documents
- Bursary values will be determined by the Student Awards team, and based on a financial needs assessment including review of supporting documents.
- Due to high demand, please allow for 1-2 weeks assessment time
- Financial Supporting Documents need to show what specific expenses you are needing help with: For example, most recent bank statements, utility bills with outstanding charges, rent receipts or eviction notice, any documentation related to your emergency situation (i.e. quotes, bills, etc.)