High School Entrance Bursaries Program Bissett/Kanovsky (391)
The High School Entrance Bursaries program is funded by David & Leslie Bissett and The Kanovsky Family Foundation.The bursaries are open to new first-year Bow Valley College students who are interested in pursuing career training programs that will set them on a track to enter the workforce after graduation. Recipients will be selected based on demonstrated financial need, potential for academic success and career planning. The program is open to Calgary high school students entering their first year at Bow Valley College. The Bissett Bursary recipients who maintain acceptable grades will be eligible to renew their bursary for each semester of their selected program. The Kanovsky Family Foundation Bursary recipients will automatically qualify for the BVC Matched Savings Program.
- Full time student in career program (certificate or diploma)
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Recipients may study at any Bow Valley College campus in Calgary and region, or be on-line learners
- Available to students entering BVC from high school (defined as applying within 24 months of graduation from high school, or within 24 months of completion of high school to a level sufficient to enter a career program at the College)
- Provided to students from Calgary high schools including All in for Youth program.
- Written submission from student describing how their chosen educational and career path fits with their skills and interests
- Letter of referral from a guidance counsellor, teacher, success coach or other influential individual
- David and Leslie Bissett Bursary Program :renewable for up to four semesters total, at up to $2,500 per semester to a total of $10,000
- The Kanovsky Family Foundation Bursary :one time $1000 + up to $600 additional through participation in the Matched Savings Program