Louise McKinney Post-Secdondary Scholarship (481)
Established in honour of Louise McKinney, the Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship recognizes and rewards students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
- be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- the student's spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary.
- be enrolled in YEAR 2 of a DIPLOMA program.
- be in satisfactory academic standing as determined by the post-secondary institution.
Students are not eligible for a Louise McKinney Scholarship if they:
- have been nominated for a Jason Lang Scholarship within the same academic year
- are in a graduate program
- are an apprentice, or
- are upgrading.